• Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri from 8arn – 12pm and 1pm – 5pm; Wed from 8arm – 12pm.
Telephone and Communications
• Our staff answers the phone from 9:00 am – 11:30 am and 1:15 pm – 4:00 pm on Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri, and from 9:00am – 11:30 am on Wed.
• After hours, phone service for urgent rheumatologic matters is provided by one of the doctors in our coverage group on a rotating schedule.
• General medical questions, prescription refill requests, test results and other non-urgent matters should be taken care of during regular office hours.
• New patients should bring their insurance cards and picture ID
• All new patient paperwork should be received in the office prior to the day of the appointment.
• Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time.
• If you have been treated by a physician or hospital for the reason you are visiting us, please request that copies of those medical records, x-ray reports, and lab tests be sent to our office prior to your scheduled appointment.
• Automated reminder calls are made prior to the appointment.
• We kindly request at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
• Scheduled new patients who miss their appointment without 24 hour notice will not be allowed to reschedule.
• For existing patients, we understand that there are occasional circumstances that might keep you from the appointment. There is no charge for the first missed appointment without 24 hour cancellation notice.
• Patients who miss two appointments without 24 hours cancellation notice will be charged a fee of $50.00.
• Infusion patients who miss an appointment without the required 24 hour notice will be subject to a $150 fee.
• Patients who miss three appointments without 24 hour cancellation notice will unfortunately be dismissed from our practice.
• Missed appointment fees must be collected prior to scheduling a subsequent appointment.
• Missed appointments without notice are unfair to other patients who are waiting for appointments.
• With the advent of electronic prescribing, it is no longer necessary for providers to “phone in” refills for medications. This now includes controlled substances.
• Please contact your pharmacy or mail order pharmacy at least 1 week in advance to have them electronically send the refill request to us, or to fax the request to (860) 430-9770
• For all refills, if your rheumatologist determines that a follow-up visit is necessary, you may be required to see him/her prior to issuing a refill.
• Should you wish to have a copy of your medical records sent to you or to another provider, please mail or fax a signed letter of request to our office including your name, date of birth, new provider’s name and fax number for where you would like to have your records sent. Please allow 5 business days to process your request.